Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My view of main plot twist in Half-Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat



I have read many twists in plots. And recently I read one from Half-Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat. Its right up there, equivalent or even better than some of the following....

John Galt declaring war on the altruist morality with his declaration "I will stop motor of the world", Howard Roark dynamiting Corndalt homes building - his architectural step child torn apart by second handers, Portia's statement to Shylock - "A pound of Flesh but not a jot of blood", Raskolnikov's confession of murder in "Crime and Punishment". Letter of Jean Valjean in his moment of lonely death, passionately describing his invention; Great escape in "Shawshank Redumption", Magwitch revealing to Pip that he is his benefactor, the cab driver who is murderer in "Study in Scarlett", duty over friendship of cop in O Henry's "After Twenty Years", the speech of Reverend in "Scarlet Letter".....

.....As I read through the plot twist of half-girlfriend at the end of second part "Bihar", all these memories kept getting to me throughout the day. Thanks CB for re-introducing me to fiction reading, after years in non-fiction wilderness.

http://www.flipkart.com/half-girlfriend-english/p/itmdys62bm3pvww8?pid=9788129135728

No comments:

Post a Comment